• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

SPOT Satellite Personal Messenger

She goes into work at 2, so I think she's getting some errands done before she heads in. It's about time they made this update.

Yup, I was over at the mall picking out new glasses, and now I'm at work. I love this - now y'all can track me on my trip! :rider:

ka50_6.jpg

Could just get one of these to follow you.

So what is the time frame that it shows.? Is it the last 24 hours? Or all track points since the page was created?

rob

I'm not sure, but it didn't show the points from over the weekend before I created the page. The default when you log into the site on your account is 24 hours, so I would assume it's the same.

I guess we'll have to just wait and see... :shrug:

So what is the time frame that it shows.? Is it the last 24 hours? Or all track points since the page was created?

rob

good question. mine didn't show the messages from last week, so I had to go outside and turn the unit on with tracking for a while. I'm guessing 24 hours.

Yeah, but with the cost of fuel these days it's not a very economical way to keep friends & family updated. :mrgreen:

Yeah but its a GREAT way to screw with tailgaters.

In the instructions it says that if you deactivate a shared page, it doesn't go away, it just stops updating. I'm wondering if that means we only get the data points starting from the time we created the page. Also, in this beta form you can't delete a page...or edit settings.

Yup, I was over at the mall picking out new glasses, and now I'm at work. I love this - now y'all can track me on my trip! :rider:

I have 6 messages now - 3 are kinda clustered together. If I select one from the left side list, the map zeroes in on it. Very cool! :thumb:

Well, for this test I left it in tracking mode while I was in the store and it was still on the dash in the truck. On a ride, I'd have stopped, sent an OK message, then left it off until I got back in motion.

Or should OK messages along the way even be needed anymore? I was thinking they'd be a heads-up that I stopped on purpose (gas station, fuel, break) so that stagnant tracking wouldn't frighten my mother.

Well, for this test I left it in tracking mode while I was in the store and it was still on the dash in the truck. On a ride, I'd have stopped, sent an OK message, then left it off until I got back in motion.

Or should OK messages along the way even be needed anymore? I was thinking they'd be a heads-up that I stopped on purpose (gas station, fuel, break) so that stagnant tracking wouldn't frighten my mother.

I'd stick with the original plan. I'm thinking that I'll use okay for end of riding day stops. Or if I'm trailering the bike out somewhere I'll send an okay when I arrive...if I can't phone like what happened in BB.

They have added now a link page/trackable to non-account members, both password or account password protected

I just stumbled across it myself, it is amazing, very very very good!

Still trying to figure out how all it works right now it's saying I do not have any postings and I know I went on a trip last week. It may be just for those postings once it was initiated. I am making mind public or linkable

I actually hardly ever use track. So far most every time I have used the Spot I have been riding with someone else. I hit OK when I leave the house and then at every stop and again when I get home. That way people know where I am with out knowing my exact location and that I am ok.

I guess, if I was traveling alone I would leave it on "Track".

I have been messing with other profiles and such tonight and it looks they have made the software a lot more powerful/useful.

I actually hardly ever use track. So far most every time I have used the Spot I have been riding with someone else. I hit OK when I leave the house and then at every stop and again when I get home. That way people know where I am with out knowing my exact location and that I am ok.

I guess, if I was traveling alone I would leave it on "Track".

I have been messing with other profiles and such tonight and it looks they have made the software a lot more powerful/useful.

but what your missing is that with the Share part they have now you can post it on a web page and or anyone can go to it and see if you want

also with it they way it is now you can only have 10 people on it with the link you can have as many as you want and if your riding you can send somone to it where if you use it like your saying only the people you put on it before a ride can see or know your ok.

Also with the way it is know they have to paste all your locations together. with the new way they can see all your locations at one glance.:rider:

I understand what it will do with the new software.

In fact I have a share page set-up for my dual sport ride in Arkansas this weekend.

So 7 pages of coolness and we all love it. My question is anyone putting together a group buy from the manufacturer or store?

Noah

So 7 pages of coolness and we all love it. My question is anyone putting together a group buy from the manufacturer or store?

Noah

They tried that on ADV and it fell through. Some folks are finding deals as low as the $130s with free shipping, but the service is a set rate.

Back