• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

TEXAS INVADES MEXICO aka Uncle Rogers Tour of Mexico

For a second there I thought it was just a coincidence as Sarah is dating Jarrod and I know he has a brother but did not know his name.

So I was right...........we are famous or at least recognizable to some.

donroger1

If you are considering the "darkside", all Im gonna say is DO IT and DO IT right now. You will never be sorry. I have a primo zrx1100 that gathers a lot of dust nowadays. Ive been riding street since 19, but as the years go by the skill level and equipment level has gone up to the point that the speed and lean angles are going to have much more serious consequences when I or a cage make the mistake. Dont get me wrong. I still enjoy road trips (with the wife) and the occasional boys night out ride.

I just find the adventure aspect of dualsporting to be the attraction. Lots of action, getting lost, ect. If I had to lose my bikes they would go in this order.

zrx1100 first after a good cry
drz400 next after fits and threats
cr250 after they removed my cold lifeless hands from the grips

donroger1

If you are considering the "darkside", all Im gonna say is DO IT and DO IT right now. You will never be sorry. I have a primo zrx1100 that gathers a lot of dust nowadays. Ive been riding street since 19, but as the years go by the skill level and equipment level has gone up to the point that the speed and lean angles are going to have much more serious consequences when I or a cage make the mistake. Dont get me wrong. I still enjoy road trips (with the wife) and the occasional boys night out ride.

I just find the adventure aspect of dualsporting to be the attraction. Lots of action, getting lost, ect. If I had to lose my bikes they would go in this order.

zrx1100 first after a good cry
drz400 next after fits and threats
cr250 after they removed my cold lifeless hands from the grips

I started out riding more dirt than street.
It was a fall in the dirt that moved me to the street.
Last November was my second wreck in 20 years.
I'm Old and Still sore from the broken rib.
I think "Adventure Riding" should fall somewhere between "Street" and "Full on Dirt".
Just have to sort out the finances because like you, I'm not ready to part with the FJR just yet. :)

i can imagine how nice the fjr is. i put many miles on a 1986 open class at the time fj1200. i waited and waited for the canadian fj1300 aircooled standard that never made it here and ended up with the zrx. next yr the fz1 came out. wished i had waited.

i can imagine how nice the fjr is. i put many miles on a 1986 open class at the time fj1200. i waited and waited for the canadian fj1300 aircooled standard that never made it here and ended up with the zrx. next yr the fz1 came out. wished i had waited.

:tab So Many Bikes....So Little Money....:rofl:

Back