• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

What did you do in the garage today?

Ran the overhead on a Detroit DD15. Lost cause it has three cylinders that are low on compression.

IMG_7048.jpeg

The PO told me that he had 250!!!!!! hours on the top end. I believe him...

Attachments

• PXL_20231127_182814451.jpg
    PXL_20231127_182814451.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 61
  • PXL_20231127_182827917.jpg
    PXL_20231127_182827917.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 59
My buddy owns property near Aspermont, north of Abilene, and has a bad feral hog problem!! He trapped 22 hogs, and of those, only 12 were good candidates for butchering. I requested a 125-150 pounder, and he blessed me with this young sow that weighed in at 148 pounds!

We stood outside the garage/shop and skinned and quartered her out! I took a hind quarter to a buddy who plans to smoke it this weekend, and gave most of the rest to a pair of elderly grandparents who are struggling to raise their 2 disabled grand kids. We'll finish up two more tomorrow!

Makes me glad I grew up a country boy, hunting and butchering my own wild game. Now that it's winter time, I'll start killing and dressing out more hogs.

Attachments

• 20231127_172928.jpg
    20231127_172928.jpg
    366.3 KB · Views: 45
None of the ones i killed would make bacon but i did really like one small enough to split and lay out on my pit and cook whole . Finger likkin good to the last bite .

I installed a Denali CANsmart controller and 2 Denali D3 lights on my R1250GS on Sunday. Unfortunately, I am having to troubleshoot because it isn't working right. The good news is that I finally got a response from Hexezcan (the manufacturer) and they gave me some things to try tonight.

The lights are killer bright when they work! :-)

I actually did some stuff in the garage this morning. First, I assembled one of my birthday presents, and broke in another one to do it.

I put one of these together:

1701444218380.png

with one of these:
1701444305073.png

The impact was not strictly necessary, I just wanted to try it out.

Also adding to my major haul of Ryobi One+ HP tools, I got a cordless shop vac and a cordless pressure washer. I've already used the shop vac several times in the past 5 days since I got it, and the pressure washer is going to be awesome for cleaning motorcycles. My 3000psi gas pressure washer is way too much but this 600psi job is going to be legit, I think. Maybe I'll find out this weekend if I get a chance to wash some stuff.

I also swapped the floats and float needle in my Vespa's Dellorto carb in hopes to fix the hair-trigger flooding problem. With any luck this weekend I'll be able to make time to test it.

I looked in the space under my bike's passenger seat to see if I had plugged my Denali CANsmart into the wrong plug. According to Hexezcan tech support, there is a tilt sensor that can be mistaken for the TPMS module that you are supposed to plug the CANsmart into. It MAY be the plug in the top of the photo, but because BMW placed in such an easily accessible place (🙄) I am waiting for tech support to answer before I tackle getting access to it. (I may have remove the bracket for my top box and the reinforcement bracket around the compartment 😨).

One good thing: Tech support answered my last email overnight so I'm hoping to hear back from the soon. Of course, the fact that the answered overnight probably means they are in India).

Attachments

• Other Plug.jpg
    Other Plug.jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 29
When I sold off the KTM after the last crash I took two project bikes as partial trade. One was a 2006 Honda VTX1800R.

The guy told me that it that the last time he went to ride it the fuel pump didn't prime so he parked it in his friends shop and bought a new bike. It sat for about 5 years before I came along for the trade.

That was sometime around July and I just got the gumption and space to get it together. It needed a new seat, battery, tires, and all new fluids.

Many times a no prime problem is a broken rubber holder on the tip-over/fuel pump relay, allowing it to tip over, but this one was holding solid and in the proper orientation. I pulled the tank to drain the disgusting gas and pull the pump. There was no saving or rebuilding this one so I ordered a new one.

I had the day to kill and the pump and tires were to come in around 10, so I got to work. While I was waiting I did a little welding on my tire changer. I also drilled some holes in the concrete so I can solidly mount the changer down so I can get leverage on my Mojolever.

20231202_171612.jpg

Parts are in!

Get the bike up up on the small lift, change/bleed the clutch and brake fluids. Pull the wheels and change the tires; re-install the tires and wheels. Install the new fuel pump, install the battery and put it all back together.

The pump/headlight, etc. comes on with the key, but the button doesn't turn the starter over. I can start the bike by jumping the solenoid(!!!!) so it's the start circuit, but I'm done for the day!

20231202_171606.jpg

When I sold off the KTM after the last crash I took two project bikes as partial trade. One was a 2006 Honda VTX1800R.

The guy told me that it that the last time he went to ride it the fuel pump didn't prime so he parked it in his friends shop and bought a new bike. It sat for about 5 years before I came along for the trade.

That was sometime around July and I just got the gumption and space to get it together. It needed a new seat, battery, tires, and all new fluids.

Many times a no prime problem is a broken rubber holder on the tip-over/fuel pump relay, allowing it to tip over, but this one was holding solid and in the proper orientation. I pulled the tank to drain the disgusting gas and pull the pump. There was no saving or rebuilding this one so I ordered a new one.

I had the day to kill and the pump and tires were to come in around 10, so I got to work. While I was waiting I did a little welding on my tire changer. I also drilled some holes in the concrete so I can solidly mount the changer down so I can get leverage on my Mojolever.

View attachment 369915

Parts are in!

Get the bike up up on the small lift, change/bleed the clutch and brake fluids. Pull the wheels and change the tires; re-install the tires and wheels. Install the new fuel pump, install the battery and put it all back together.

The pump/headlight, etc. comes on with the key, but the button doesn't turn the starter over. I can start the bike by jumping the solenoid(!!!!) so it's the start circuit, but I'm done for the day!

View attachment 369916
I had one of those, a 2002. I also had one with a Motor Trike conversion (converted Ford Mustang rear end) Powerful beast. Broke my leg on the trike and it's never healed properly...

Sold both.

Over the weekend I tried out my new Ryobi cordless pressure washer after changing the oil in the Jeep. Used the pressure washer to clean the dust off of everything under the hood in the Jeep and then to wash my Bonneville. 600psi sounds like a lot, but my gas pressure washer is 2900psi, so it's really not that much. It's perfect for cleaning stuff like between the fins on my Bonneville or general cleanup, uses a lot less water than just trying to blast it with a hose-end sprayer. Also, it'll work with a siphon from a bucket so in theory I might be able to mix in some Simple Green and spray it, which could be a game changer.

Anyway, also did what might be the final tinkering on the Vespa, at least for this round, which has been going on for like 9 months now. Little bike runs like a top. I did have to redo my exhaust repair since it conveniently lost one of the flange bolts right while I was riding by the CP police station, and I swear it was so loud you could hear it from the factory in India where it was built. How Harley guys ride with straight pipes is mystifying. This little 125 was insane with open exhaust.

My LED compatible flasher unit finally came in, so I decided to go out and try my luck! I installed the new front turn signals, wired them up, and.................They didn't work!!:argh:

Pretty straight forward,. brown to brown, blue to blue! On the BMW's they use a light brown for the grounds, but just in case, I got out the VOM to check, and sure enough, it's correct.:confused: I got a second set of different LED signals and hooked them up, only these had red and black wires. Whatcha know, they work!!:twitch:

I uninstall the right hand signal and decide to hook it directly to the battery, and it doesn't work!!:ponder: Since having fought the dual voltage issue on this bike when trying to hook up the trailer lights, I decided that I should trust NOTHING!!

So, just for grins, I reversed the wires, and SHO NUFF, the wiring on the fixtures is BACKWARDS!!:headbang: So I reverse the wires for blue to brown, and brown to blue................SUCCESS!!:clap:

Of course, they still fast flash, so now I have to find the stock flasher module and replace it with the new flasher! Anybody know where it is located on a 2007 F 800 GS?? Guess I'll tear into it tomorrow.....

Attachments

• 20231204_143140.jpg
    20231204_143140.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 26
Back