• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Who rode in today?

Agreed, even up here in DFW, I had to take the liner back out of the jacket and didn't even need it this morning!

I rode to the shop today. It’s cold! 45 degrees when I left. Beautiful sunshine though. Sky’s blue but you can see that rind (pork rind?) of pollution in the sky. Gross.

Coldest morning ride of this winter so far this morning at 27 degrees. Finally feels like winter in the mornings

Had to knock snow off the bike this morning but wasn't bad on the roads thankfully. 22 degrees here

It was a cool 20 degrees this morning. I always think about getting heated gloves on mornings like this.

Yesterday wasn't too bad, today even better. Chilly in the AM, but great for the way home! Loving my new jacket with a warm liner! :-)

I've only had to go to the office today and Tuesday this week, but I'm 2 for 2 on riding. It's a bit chilly when you're not fully dressed for it, but it's no big deal on my short commute.

Or when traffic keeps the artificial wind chill to a reasonable level!

I did have to make a run for work Tuesday evening. It was cold on the freeway, but I'll take it over the heat any day.

KLR'er day for me too. Heading to get the bike inspected hopefully. I'm 0-3 right now so hopeful 4th time is the charm

I don’t ride “in” anymore. I’m retired. I am going to ride to the dentist for my bi-annual teeth cleaning

Well 4th times the charm. Or I picked the right location where the guy checked absolutely nothing beyond insurance. Regardless, I made sure it's safe and legal and now I have a current inspection.

With good reason then. If you haven't a headlight or licence plate light your bike shouldn't be passing inspection.
I agree on the headlight. It was frustrating as I would ride to work with the light working. Then head to the inspection station and the 3 miles between the office and the inspection station it would go out. It happened twice before I found the issue and fixed it permanently.

The license plate light is a joke as it's covered in mud 90% of the time and you have to stand on your head to see the plate anyways.

I guess I missed the wind this morning. It is only a 7 minute ride, but I did not notice any real wind issues, but this was about 6:30 this morning in Katy, so maybe it had not blown though yet?

We had 44mph gusts up here north of DFW. Glad I was not leaving the house in that.

We had a scout campout on Sat, it was almost brutal. But Sun and Mon were decent.
Braved the low 40s this morning for the promise of a nice ride home!

Back