• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Who's 'been everywhere, man"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ahhh that song is missing so many towns! what we really need is to get a list of every town in texas and try to get the list finished!

Hmmmm..... As it is, we're having a hard enough of a time just getting 91 of them. A noble project undertaking that would in fact be...

Duncanville visited. :mrgreen:

At the rate of one a weekend, I should have this thing knocked out in 2 years! :doh:

duncanville_2702q.jpg

:rider:

Today's pie run I picked up Cottonwood and Prarie View.

Cottonwood:
cottonwood.jpg

Prarie View:
prarieview.jpg

List has been updated. Come on folks, post some pics and let's get this list knocked out!

OK, let's add Corsicana (note Kurt's light rack on the side)
corsicana_2786q.jpg

(this is a COOL old post office, BTW) :thumb:

Red Oak
red_oak_2839q.jpg

That makes up for not getting one last week... :shrug:

Snagged Center City today. Also stopped by the old cemetary that had a very interesting 'tag line', but you've got to visit to see it. I won't tell. :-P

I'm also working on a gift for the person who posts the MOST number of cities/post offices/proof etc of the remaining songs on the list. The first person to post the city within this thread in chronological order with their bike gets the credit for that location. Postings are updated on Page 1.

Center City (I had no idea how tall/big those signs were until I saw the picture)
centercity.jpg

OK, what about a current list of what's left???

I believe if all has worked right, this is what's left as of today. The first page is the "Official" listing.

Waco
Winnsboro
Jacksboro
Hillsboro
Santa Rosa
Houston
Frisco
Conroe
Groesbeck
Post Oak

Krugerville
Van Horn
Bartonville
Beeville
Mineola
Monahans
Telephone
Redwater
Round Lake
Southlake

Greenville
Gainesville
Alameda
Kellyville
Benavides
Longview
Justin
Panorama
Pasadena

Pine Mills
New Hope
Rockport
Bridgeport
Bayview
Bayside
Baytown
Bay City
Falls City

I about killed myself doing yardwork, so my ambitious trek to pick up some more locations was cut short due to pain and suffering (and forgetting the Advil). But I got Tortuga out, too, and we buzzed around a bit...

But buzzed around and found Southlake (passed Northlake on the way to Justin):
southlake_2871q.jpg

I couldn't get a shot of the Post Office with the bike AND the name in it. I really hate these cookie cutter style new Post Offices - they all look the same.
southlake_2870q.jpg

The name in the song sure sounds like Bartleville, but this is what is listed in the version we have - Bartonville:
bartonville_2873q.jpg

If you Google the song, several versions of the lyrics come up. The one that has "Bartleville" listed also has Joshua and not Junction. Unless there were two versions of the song, I have to go with the one that has Junction and Bartonville...

Put Justin is pretty obvious.
justin_2875q.jpg

That's all folks... :mrgreen:

The name in the song sure sounds like Bartleville, but this is what is listed in the version we have - Bartonville:

If you Google the song, several versions of the lyrics come up. The one that has "Bartleville" listed also has Joshua and not Junction. Unless there were two versions of the song, I have to go with the one that has Junction and Bartonville...

I purchased Brian Burns CD "The Eagle and the Snake - Songs of the Texians". It's an EXCELLENT CD that has the song for this project. Listed in his song lyrics as the insert is Bartonville and Junction.

I'm thinking tomorrow I'll get a few more SE of Austin... :rider:

Today was Waco, Groesbeck and Buffalo. (Gilk51 gets the Buffalo credit)

01waco.jpg

20groesbeck.jpg

Took a little test ride today to see if the throttle bodies were any better.
Started out to take a photo of this cool courthouse in Decatur:

wise_decatur_2912q.jpg

A kinda ugly looking front said "go west, old man", so I hightailed for Bridgeport, just down the road (SH380):

bridgeport_2918q.jpg

bridgeport_2916q.jpg

And, since I was in the area, I decided to go find Jacksboro, too:

jacksboro_2923q.jpg

jacksboro_2922q.jpg

so, there you go... :roll:

My wife and little girl came to visit me here in New Mexico last week. :clap: Yesterday, my wife ask me to join her for breakfast at I-Hop :eat: on her way home. Well the closest I-Hop on the way home is in Fort Stockton, Texas. :doh: So, since I was in Fort Stockton and my wife was heading east....I decided to head west :rider: to get Van Horn.:thumb:

I'll post the pics after work today.

You didn't happen to get Monahans, too, didja?
If not, we'll have to dispatch M38 forthwith post haste... :-P

Yup. Monahans, Van Horn and Junction are my remaining "West" targets. Man that's a Loooonnnnnnngggggggg way for a picture.

Yup. Monahans, Van Horn and Junction are my remaining "West" targets. Man that's a Loooonnnnnnngggggggg way for a picture.

I woke up this morning feeling sorry for M38A1 and decided to go for a little ride. I passed through
Monahans001.jpg

and kept going to save M38A1.

M38A1.......You have been saved :trust: from that Looonnnnnnngggggggg :rider:
Monahans002.jpg

But if you find yourself in Monahans........you have to stop here to :eat:
Monahans003.jpg

Good bbq and even better apple dumppling.:thumb:

Hurray for getting Monahans!

Denton Don (donroger1) helped me find Krugerville:

krugerville_2945q.jpg

krugerville_2944q.jpg

and I went over to Frisco:

frisco_2948q.jpg

and I got a little bit better photo of Southlake (city hall):

southlake_2926q.jpg

(it's hard to read the name on the building - click to get a better image) :shrug:

So what's left on the list. I didn't see anyone post up on Gainesville, so I can head up there this afternoon (if it'll stop raining) and grab a pic in front of the old courthouse there.

So what's left on the list. I didn't see anyone post up on Gainesville, so I can head up there this afternoon (if it'll stop raining) and grab a pic in front of the old courthouse there.

The list on PAGE 1 stays current, and Gainesville is still up for grabs. Make sure you get either a city limits sign, courthouse with the name of the town or post office. Bike should be in the shot too.

Snap the shot, post it here and I'll get the list updated. Repeat until all 91 are done.

I got shut out this weekend, mostly due to yard work. Anyone able to get out and get something?
:-(

No trips here. In fact, this is the first weekend in a long time the bike stayed in the garage both Sat and Sun.

Can't decide if I want to burn a week vacation running up to Idaho, or spend a week on this "everywhere" project.

I have been searching for a cause.. and now thanks to you I have one..
your little challenge here brought to mind.. how many state parks are in Texas? I may just make that my new challenge, every state park in Texas with pics to go with each one. gonna do some research before I stick my neck out..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back