• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Z650RS

I like the lines until I get to the rear fender.
The 'stinger' look rear fender clashes with the retro lines. I think if they managed a more retro fender that closed up some of the space above the rear tire that would have been better.

I went to Wild West to take a look at the Z650RS. It looks really good and has good ergo. I didn't really like the handlebar though. I thought it was too tall and too close to the rider. My wife didn't care much for the passenger seat either. Other than that, it's all good in my book. Would I fork out the money for one? Not yet.

FK2fg17XEAMzoLZ?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

There was also a W800 next to the Z650RS. What a looker! My wife thought the seat was VERY comfortable.

FK2fjQsXsAEFZMe?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

If I could, I'd switch the handlebar from the W800 and put it on the Z650RS. I think it'd be perfect.

FK2flJ1XIAURUxd?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

FK2fmrAWQAYkvOv?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

They both look great. I always assume the handlebar is going to get swapped on every motorcycle. It's just impossible to expect any motorcycle manufacturer to make a bike that fits me specifically. I like my Renthal Streetfighters.

I'm not going to buy a new motorcycle, but if I was, I would consider one of these.

I went to Wild West to take a look at the Z650RS. It looks really good and has good ergo. I didn't really like the handlebar though. I thought it was too tall and too close to the rider. My wife didn't care much for the passenger seat either. Other than that, it's all good in my book. Would I fork out the money for one? Not yet.

View attachment 313260

What was the seat height like compared to the z900rs or the w? My wife wants one but scared of heights.

What was the seat height like compared to the z900rs or the w? My wife wants one but scared of heights.
It's lower and less wide than the seat on the Z900RS but it is higher and less plush than the seat on the W800. The seat on the Z650RS is also taller than the seat on the Z650. How tall is your wife?

It's lower and less wide than the seat on the Z900RS but it is higher and less plush than the seat on the W800. The seat on the Z650RS is also taller than the seat on the Z650. How tall is your wife?
5'5", The vstrom 650 was too tall, z900rs is too tall. Thruxton 900 is borderline, it would be ok if a little lighter, but she rides it occasionally. I may bring home a z400 shortly, she prefers retro style, but weight is more of a priority right now.

5'5", The vstrom 650 was too tall, z900rs is too tall. Thruxton 900 is borderline, it would be ok if a little lighter, but she rides it occasionally. I may bring home a z400 shortly, she prefers retro style, but weight is more of a priority right now.
The Z650RS felt pretty light to me and I ride a GROM.

The Z650RS looks pretty nice to me. The price on most cycles now is outrageous. People complained about the price on the redesigned VFRs and I found one new on the floor 3 years later for a smoking deal. :lol2:

Welcome to the new normal here in the US.

Sounds like I’m one of few people who bought the Z650RS. I’m a new rider so I wanted something middleweight and nice looking. I feel like I blend in a little more out here in ETX with all the Harleys around. Although it’s my first bike I really do love it. I can ride for several hours pretty comfortably although the only thing I would like is some sort of windshield. Would love to know if there are any questions I can answer about it!

8C7D96B9-FDE4-47A8-A2AC-2C88C44EB33B.jpeg
C59759DE-8FF8-408C-A7BD-EC6774E60604.jpeg

Back