• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HOUSTON: NE Houston - Atascocita/Humble area riders!

Yes it was! I took the turnaround on 59 to CR322, the first road across the tracks... twisties all tbe way to 1010. Did you guys go to 1010?

I got caught up in that traffic jam and they pulled a Conoy move and blocked me in for a few cars, and when I got around the turtles, I hit it to catch up, then I looked and saw you turning a little late. I was looking way up for you and BAM, you were right there. Oh well, no worries. I just came back and hit 1485 and traffic was mess, but I got home about 4:15.

Now I have to get up in the morning and go see these twisties on 322... :clap:

Last edited:
Enjoyed the ride guys, There was some squirrely cars on my right that was making me nervous so I decided to get out in front of it all. Made it home about 4:05

Btw... it may be 332... anyway, just north of the turnaround....

I'll map it out from the coffee shop for a short ride in the morning. I need a GPS I guess. Let it do my thinking.

Got home to new Reg sticker in the mail so now I can bail that inspection plate tonight and give the Duc a bath.

Would you be interested in a Garmin zumo with XM radio, mp3,etc?

I'll look it up and see what all is out there today. No XM sub to use with it either. I seriously have not looked at new GPS or mapping apps in a long time.

Last edited:
I like that the Garmin route software doesn't need the Internet. I wear really high nrr ear plugs, so the slightly lower volume of the XM radio is hard for me to hear. I do like that I can load hours of tunes on the zumo, and it interfaces well woth the phone and headset.

The TomTom is kind of barebones... it's just a GPS and phone interface. I like the way the rider navigates better. Garmin doesn't do "winding road"routes for you. Tbe garmin would tell me to exit the freeway and get back on from the frontage road if it was set to avoid highways... quirks for each... I miss my tunes, but I like the navigation on the TomTom better.

Oh... the Garmin has a speaker and car mount too, so it's easy to use in the car

Anybody riding tomorrow?

I was thinking about it, but I'm kind of tired from today. We did over 300 miles today. Has a bald eagle fly right over the top of my helmet on 257 out of Colmesneil. Saw the Side Car Muster crew in Hemphill. Had a good trip and plan on another soon. I think the guys were saying a couple of weeks. I plan on going out to Leaky in a couple of weeks, so I will pass on that ride if one happens. Leaving out Saturday morning early and caming at Garner State park Saturday night of you want to come along.

;-)I'm in Atascocita and would be up for a ride some Sat mornings as long as I can get back in time to work on my "honey do's" (and i know one more guy in kingwood who would be up for it too)

Last edited:
We need to get out there! I've got some shorter routes that may accommodate the honey-do's...

It sounds like I'm grandpa this Saturday. .. could you ride Sunday

I might be able to do a Sunday ride myself if anyone else is on board, we can make a plan.

The wife is scheming on plans for the weekend. ... I've got a good 4 hour route that we could do... just need to know if I'm going to be here. I'll know by Wednesday night I think. Thursday night for sure.

Just realized... Sunday is mothers day... still should know something by Thursday night. If we do sunday, we may want to get a pretty early start.

cant do mothers day and stay married. i'm out for sun but if sat morn early is still an option for a 1/2 day ride i could prob do that. Btw, are u guys riding sport bikes? I'm on a V Strom 650. if this is to be a knee draggin thang i may be in over my head.

cant do mothers day and stay married. i'm out for sun but if sat morn early is still an option for a 1/2 day ride i could prob do that. Btw, are u guys riding sport bikes? I'm on a V Strom 650. if this is to be a knee draggin thang i may be in over my head.

I cannot ride this Saturday.

I ride either a Triumph Speed Triple or FZ1. No knee dragging. I frequently ride with a guy on a Wee and he has no problems keeping up.

No knee dragging here either. Maybe a peg feeler every now and then at the most. I run dirt orientated tires on my street bikes but still you can push them pretty far on pavement. Front and rear per photo below (Shinko 804/805) on both the Wee and Tenere.

20150429_181821_zpsqzemcgon.jpg

Back