• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

GS can do!

Amazing how many owners think the GS is a boat!
137517571_1036980143453279_2281747902044050617_o.jpg

Got a ? for Nav 5 users. Is there a way to take the "places" I've been and store it on unit so I can re -run the route?

Got a ? for Nav 5 users. Is there a way to take the "places" I've been and store it on unit so I can re -run the route?
I have a Nav 6, but I am sure the functionality is very similar for a 5. You will have "tracks" that you have traveled stored on your device. Connect your device to your computer and launch Garmin BaseCamp and import the data from your device. From there, you will be able to recreate routes from previously travel tracks and export those to KML or GPX. There are plenty of YouTube tutorials out there on how to do that utilizing BaseCamp.

I have a Nav 6, but I am sure the functionality is very similar for a 5. You will have "tracks" that you have traveled stored on your device. Connect your device to your computer and launch Garmin BaseCamp and import the data from your device. From there, you will be able to recreate routes from previously travel tracks and export those to KML or GPX. There are plenty of YouTube tutorials out there on how to do that utilizing BaseCamp.
Thanks

I need #5 or something similar. .63 cent part and bunch of shipping dollars, lol.

Oh, K8x part after looking at my 850GSA and that F’n expanding rivet. Yeah I curse the day BMW designed that and probably don’t have it. Sorry!

Oh, K8x part after looking at my 850GSA and that F’n expanding rivet. Yeah I curse the day BMW designed that and probably don’t have it. Sorry!
So you do know what I'm talking about, lol. Might just try a small bolt and nut??

Looks like a common body clip type plastic river. I have found them in different sizes at auto parts stores. My V-Stom has similar ones on the dash holding the various pieces together. I’m sure they are not the exact precise German engineering but might get you by.

Back