• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Post your Day Rides Here!

Not a ride, but walked my 2.4 mile dirt track today with loppers. No more torn jerseys or bloody arms for me. Also found a gps that one of the semi pro boys lost on this weekends ride.

Did I mention the heat index was 107?

I need to come make a loop around it. I didn't see any loppers in your helpers paws.

Been working on a freezer vault near UT in Austin. These are everywhere. This lady let me check one of these out. No wonder people are getting hurt and suing :eek2: . I feel much safer on my real motorcycle. That is the State mental hospital across road. ESCAPE ESCAPE

Been working on a freezer vault near UT in Austin. These are everywhere. This lady let me check one of these out. No wonder people are getting hurt and suing :eek2: . I feel much safer on my real motorcycle. That is the State mental hospital across road. ESCAPE ESCAPE View attachment 240074

Hey, where's your gear, you hooligan

I may go skinny jeans next :). Seriously, those scooters are an accident waiting to happen with the beat up sidewalks and bike lanes. Tiny wheels don't cut it. They will scoot maybe 15 mph? They are pods of them on almost every corner of Guadalupe and heard they are all over downtown. I picked it up, maybe 30-40 pounds and zero suspension. I bet the insurance companies are freaking $$$.

I may go skinny jeans next :). Seriously, those scooters are an accident waiting to happen with the beat up sidewalks and bike lanes. Tiny wheels don't cut it. They will scoot maybe 15 mph? They are pods of them on almost every corner of Guadalupe and heard they are all over downtown. I picked it up, maybe 30-40 pounds and zero suspension. I bet the insurance companies are freaking $$$.
No!!!! Lol

Those little scooters are all over downtown. I think they're causing such an issue that the city is putting city ordinances in place to regulate where and how many can be out. I've never ridden those but they ook like a hurty fall waiting to take place.

They are all over Chicago too. I was out for a walk one afternoon and got to listen to a business owner yell at the scooter company over the phone. Folks were just dropping them in front of his business (there is a bar across the street). He told them if they wanted to find their equipment they should check the dumpster behind his business. Within three minutes a van pulled up and took the nine scooters away. There were already 5 in the dumpster.

Took the new to me V-Strom down some back roads and gravel roads. I like it but throttle is jumpy and the clutch makes the infamous clutch chuddar in neutral. I plan on sending clutch basket to Werks for update when it coos off. It operates good, but I don't like the noise. The OEM bags are junk and I still need to soften front suspension some. The front brakes are great and so is engine torque. 240333 I still think the beak front end looks like Woody Wood Pecker.

One of these days....an enterprising accy maker is gonna put a Beakless Kit on the market for all these bikes....& it wont be too soon

As for the OEMs....Honda has stepped it back a bit
129786e8c87c2de1ec4571af3e8bca0c.jpg

2019....lil pecker
aa1ab0c2cc5e8e88a5aea1fa8ef7a853.jpg

I applaud Yamaha for their individuality
d7bca3250c59dc22ab06d278e069ed25.jpg

c15290215b187c5e7e61e40e9d2e872c.jpg

Last edited:
Pinocchio would ride a beaked bike and Geppetto is the one that designed it and he rides with his face shield up because he tells his dad. "I'm just running up to the gas station, I will be back shortly."

I've always liked the scramblers and Triumphs are purdy. When the time comes I may go with one of those instead of the 800 Tiger.

I'm due for a ride. Just got a Garmin Zumo 396, haven't been able to try it out yet. It's currently on the DR.

Clay, skinny jeans are you, man!

Saturday morning 2GENAE (Louis) and I had planned to meet up at the Loves in Rhome @ 7AM then do some riding around the country towns. 4AM in Alvord it was raining hard but it let up just after 6:30. Only problem Louis was receiving a down pour at the same time. At about 9:30 I headed to Rhome.

Hopping the weather would break for 2GENAE, but since he had just installed a set of Angel GT's on his FJR1300, he made the wise choice to not take them out on wet payment, as he had yet to scuff them in. I did a loop around by my son's house then back roads home. Stopped at a Korean Donut and BBQ place in Paradise, TX.

I highly recommend this as it was fresh, hot, and tasty.

I got up early on Saturday (9:00am :-P) thinking I'd go for a ride. I checked the radar, there were showers everywhere, so I rolled over and went back to bed. It never ended up raining and the rest of the day got taken over by other stuff... So I was determined to ride Sunday afternoon. It was hot when I rolled out around 2:00pm, partly cloudy.

The roads were dusty!!

As I got closer to College Station, I met a line of storms and made a run for Yankee's Tavern just off Hwy 30 at Carlos.

I hauled South towards Anderson... hit some sprinkles here and there, but nothing too bad.

There were loads of these purple flowers just South of Anderson.

I made a run toward Montgomery and had to push through a few showers. Some of them were pretty heavy, but usually short as they were not covering large areas. They actually cooled things down so that it was nice. I made a short stop at the Valero on Hwy 105/FM 149 for ice cream, water, and air conditioning. Then I ran up through the forest on 149 and cut over toward New Waverly. I was going to see if the road by the East side trail head was open, but when I got to that area, it was raining pretty hard and I did not want to get out in the woods in that. I pushed on through, crossed I-45 and ran out FM 1375 on the far side of New Waverly to the Hardy Bottom Road shown below...

After this, I made a run up through the SHNF off of Four Notch Road, FR 206, and Three Notch Road. I eventually came out on FM 2296 just South of US 190 East of Huntsville. Coming back into town it had rained pretty good so the road spray from other vehicles was making a mess of my visor. Close to home, there was a full rainbow.

I think I did about 180 miles or so, more than half of which was fun dirt.

Last edited:
@Tourmeister dude, you were in the area we Houston guys typically ride. Too bad we missed ya! Probably spur of the moment, but if you come this way again holla! Would love to meet up and ride with ya a bit!

Back