• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Post your Day Rides Here!

20201126_152058.jpg

Other than a pee spot & Texas not sure where I am :mrgreen:

Two bikes came up behind me while we were riding Cow Creek Rd today....so I let em go by. One was a Guzzi V85TT ...the other I thought was a Triumph Scrambler... but...nope.... It was a Harley Scrambler... nicely done too....high frt fender.. knobbies...nice pipes.

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk

Oh....Thats one I didnt kno about...
But....theres anuther one nearby.
If you havent seen it....time ta put it on your Slate r make sure you Road the area

Then...you'd be interested is noticing the cemetery we passed the other day....with a rural mailbox among the gravestones. Its on FM3061 at 487

You didnt capitalize on my hint previously

Last edited:
Rod I'm not good at hints. Where is the other soup can? This one is next to the Dairy Queen. Also the last Mob lynching in the State of Texas was in Eastland.

IMG_1351.jpg

Got out for a rain dodging morning ride. Good dirt roads as usual.

E04F2984-2575-456E-A211-13BB9AF95FB6.jpeg

Made my way over to Cost. I’ve always seen the big historical marker about the first shot of the Texas Revolution but never new down the dead end road behind it is the actual location.

F4EE447F-EBD6-4FC4-B044-A5180067E155.jpeg

D8225740-C45C-4467-A53B-3AA3F0F4F746.jpeg

Then some more roads to Gonzales. Stopped at the park for a quick break.

30623D8B-CA36-44F1-8FD3-C29E00536647.jpeg

Sky started getting really dark so I tried to outrun it. That plan didn’t work but I only had to do about 10 miles wet pavement before I was back on dirt. Had to stop and negotiate a small bridge crossing guarded by this big guy.

377553BB-D0FD-443E-9D51-87920782C62D.jpeg

Luckily he was more interested in the green grass than me so I scooted by unhooked.

Whew. He's got a pair, so that could have been tricky.

I'd like to come ride some dirt roads with you sometime. I'm missing the gravel.

Yes he does, when he squared up those horns weren’t going to leave me much room.
I was expecting/hoping to get rained out today so it was a pretty quick decision or I woulda hollered at you.

Yes he does, when he squared up those horns weren’t going to leave me much room.
I was expecting/hoping to get rained out today so it was a pretty quick decision or I woulda hollered at you.
Thanks. I had to work today anyway. I almost forgot and went riding this morning myself :)

Jarrett....in that area where CP/Hasenwinkle hits 1341....ck out Stonleigh & McDonald Lp up in the hills...Lazy Valley below is a link too. Then...hed on over to Comfort for Skyline Dr & Mill Dam Rd or at Center Point (town) take Elm Pass Rd & Elm Pass Lp

Many many others to chooze from too....I could imitate the Bunny.......on n on n on

Nah, first time I had met him. Didn't want to ask.
Understand, just curious. I seldom do that either, just too much risk if that weird thing happens at the wrong time! I had a nice fellow on here who owns several very nice bikes offer me a loaner while mine was down. Very tempting (especially since it a GS1250, something I wouldn't mind having), but just couldn't take him up on the offer! Even with new bikes you just don't know when one is going to decide to give up the ghost.

Back