• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Around the Bend Rally March 2nd to 5th 2023

Is there any more info for the new rider ride? I’ve been to BB before but have missed out on most dirt roads in the park.
I'd be happy to help you. PM me if you would like to connect.

Is there a cost to attend the rally? When do we need to sign up?
Thanks,
Steve
There is a cost if you will be attending the organized events but it's very nominal and well worth it even just for the fact that it keeps the organizers organizing. :rider:

Great event.

New here. A couple of years ago we took a detour thru BB and was thinking would be a great place to ride. Stumbled on this Rally from another site and signed up to make sure I don't miss it. I already have camping reservations at BB Resort. This appears to be ground zero.

New here. A couple of years ago we took a detour thru BB and was thinking would be a great place to ride. Stumbled on this Rally from another site and signed up to make sure I don't miss it. I already have camping reservations at BB Resort. This appears to be ground zero.

You'll be right in the middle of it at BB. This is where we typically camp.

That was the plan. How do we register for the rally and kayak tour? Starting around April I may be making several trips into Mexico for work. I thought what better way to make my inaugural visit than by jon boat on a rope.

Last edited:
There is a cost if you will be attending the organized events but it's very nominal and well worth it even just for the fact that it keeps the organizers organizing. :rider:

Great event.
Any idea where we sign up for the event? Who we sign up with? And what the cost of attending the organized events are? We plan on being there and we'd like to attend some if not all of the events but I see no info on this anywhere on this site regarding where to sign up, who to sign up with or what the cost might be. Thanks for any info. Steve

Any idea where we sign up for the event? Who we sign up with? And what the cost of attending the organized events are? We plan on being there and we'd like to attend some if not all of the events but I see no info anywhere on this site regarding where to sign up, who to sign up with or what the cost might be. Thanks for any info. Steve

Keeping watching the first post of this thread and Peter will eventually update it with a link to registration.

Not sure about a kayak tour but the Jon boat crossing at Boquillas is always open and available as long as the US border crossing hours are open. Just pay the $5 for the boat ride and another $5 for the donkey ride (you'll understand when you get there) and go enjoy lunch and a cold beverage in 'town'.

Thanks for the info copb8. I've done the Boquillas crossing in the past, way back when it was $1.00 to cross the river and $1.00 for the donkey ride. Good times.....

For those of you familiar with the area, do you know of any decent RV campgrounds outside of the park itself? Planning on bringing a small toy hauler and would like electric hookup and potable water source nearby if not at the campsite itself. Last time I made it to the Rally was probably in 2010 will be fun to attend again.

For those of you familiar with the area, do you know of any decent RV campgrounds outside of the park itself? Planning on bringing a small toy hauler and would like electric hookup and potable water source nearby if not at the campsite itself. Last time I made it to the Rally was probably in 2010 will be fun to attend again.
My reservation is at The Big Bend Resort. See the reply to my post above.

Yep, Big Bend Resort is outside the part with all of the above. I'm sure there are other sites available but I'm just not familiar with those.

There are a bunch of RV parks around over the past 5 or so years. Before then there were 3 main ones but as of yesterday when I rode through town I counted at least 10 or more. All of them looked to have full hookups.

Our usual home base is the Motor Inn as it is closer to what we want to do, it has a store and gas station on property, and there is plenty of room to walk the dogs without getting in other people’s campsites.

Just Google “RV park Terlingua” or “RV Park Study Butte” and all of them will pop up.

Very friendly young couple. Great communal fire pit. Flat parking. Great evening views. Fair prices.

@Tim C Thanks for the quick reply. I booked a site there too.
@RollingJ You scared me with the possibility of booking the restort in the wrong state, luckily I got the one in Terilingua
@Vinny BBNP RV looks good, if I hadn't already reserved BB Resort I'd book this place.
@TGTUMBLEWEED I just received the email conformation for my online booking, but now I'm going to call an get verbal confirmation based on your advice.

Thanks to all for your suggestions

@Mextrekadv thank you for taking this event on!
Just checking in to confirm this is still a go with dates and itinerary as indicated on the first two posts. Last updated on 30 Aug 22.

Do you need help with anything? If so please post up as this group is known for pitching in when asked! 👍🏼
Not ME personally, but others for sure. 🫣

No communication since thread was created. Is this still on?

Back