• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Bastrop Trails Regular Saturday Ride

Anyone want to ride this coming Weekend....24th or 25th........The weather is shaping up to be Perfect.....
A friend of mine just picked up a 2015 KTM 690R and is dying to ride it.......If anyone knows this route and wants some company, 3 riders from the Houston area......Post up and lets put something together.....

Anyone want to ride this coming Weekend....24th or 25th........The weather is shaping up to be Perfect.....
A friend of mine just picked up a 2015 KTM 690R and is dying to ride it.......If anyone knows this route and wants some company, 3 riders from the Houston area......Post up and lets put something together.....

I might do the 24th. A bit of a drive for me. I'll also see if my neighbor wants to tag along.

So some of you have been out riding, but there are no pics or vids. Where's the good stuff?
Things have been kind of hectic in my world and I just haven't been able to get out. Well I have, but I can't afford to take a fall and break things so I'm sticking to easier rides for now.
That and I'm staying with my parents and they don't have internet so I can't load anything.
Anyways, pics next time.

Because of a small surgery I am out until Feb 14, I will be riding Bastrop trails that Saturday, I have the trails in my gps :trust:

Anyone in the Bastrop area ever available for a weekday ride? Most weekends I work. I am planning on requesting off if a ride develops this weekend 31st or 1st. I live in Paige (super close by) and I've been finding some absolutely amazing off the beaten path places to ride but would really enjoy some company. :-)

Anyone in the Bastrop area ever available for a weekday ride? Most weekends I work. I am planning on requesting off if a ride develops this weekend 31st or 1st. I live in Paige (super close by) and I've been finding some absolutely amazing off the beaten path places to ride but would really enjoy some company. :-)
Scott.....are you on a D/S bike or unplated........This weekend doesn't look good 70% chance of rain.......
Yes,.... week days can be possible....weekends better......Give me a Shout-Out when you want to go......:rider:

Scott.....are you on a D/S bike or unplated........This weekend doesn't look good 70% chance of rain.......
Yes,.... week days can be possible....weekends better......Give me a Shout-Out when you want to go......:rider:

Thanks for the reply! Current bike XR 650L plated. The weather is gonna be spectacular for the next few days- I can ride anytime this week.

I always like to see new stuff close to home, but I have plans this weekend and no chance I can ride during the week. Maybe next time, and welcome to the forum.

JT

I'm planning on getting out to Bastrop the next nice Saturday morning... So that means not this weekend ;) Been out there plenty of times, but always followed Joel around.. Guess there is only one way to learn the trails myself...

I'm planning on getting out to Bastrop the next nice Saturday morning... So that means not this weekend ;) Been out there plenty of times, but always followed Joel around.. Guess there is only one way to learn the trails myself...
Count me in....have a group of guys here in Houston that are also looking to ride ASAP.......Spring doesn't last all that long down here.....
Not on here all the time.....So if you have time to ride and want company.....Best to shoot me an E-mail...or call Cell (Number is under Avatar)........

This Saturday is shaping up to be a "Perfect Spring Day"......
Anyone interested in dusting off their Duals and enjoying the day out on the Bastrop trails..?......
"Post up" and lets put something together
Forgot something important :doh:........I've never ridden this ride/route......Might be a good thing if someone joined in or posted some routes/tracks.....just saying :giveup:

Man, I sure would like to but I'm still getting over the flu.

I've got some kind of bug as well.. Not fond of doctors, so not sure what it is, but I am out for this one. If it's as nice as the weather forecast says it will be, its going to be hard to resist the temptation of the outdoors.... UGH!

I sure hope somebody else in the area can show you around..

Re: Bastrop Trails Random and Irregular Ride

Any planned riding for this weekend? Assume most are tied up on Saturday...

I will need to check my wifes schedule, but she is mot likely working Saturday, which means I have the morning to play.

I am still not 100%, but am trying to get back to doing normal activities. I have hockey tonight and (and if I still feel good Thursday) so I'll have a good idea of how my body responds to physical activity tonight.

I'm still not in good enough shape to ride. That flu kicked my buttocks and I get out of breath quickly. Hopefully another week and I will be ready to hit the trails. :rider:

I'm still not in good enough shape to ride. That flu kicked my buttocks and I get out of breath quickly. Hopefully another week and I will be ready to hit the trails. :rider:

Ain`t none of my business but I`d like to know if you had the flu shot this season ?

I had a kidney transplant in 2006 and can't take live virus vaccines which means no flu shot ever. From what I have read, this year's flu shot was ineffective anyway so I don't think I missed out on anything.

Re: Bastrop Trails Random and Irregular Ride

jrjoyce,

I'd like to get back out there myself as well. Its been a long time so I don't know my way around very well anymore though.
Anybody else inclined?

I had a kidney transplant in 2006 and can't take live virus vaccines which means no flu shot ever. From what I have read, this year's flu shot was ineffective anyway so I don't think I missed out on anything.

Hey man, I'm dialyzing some here at work. You know the drill. Was the last time we rode the last ride for you? If so what a Bummer. Hope you feel better ASAP.

Back