• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Ghost’s Eclipsamania Camp and Gathering! April 5-9!

Previous post does not affect those looking for mor challenging to ride. This is a working goat ranch. Goat trails abound and most of the single tracks previously could be opened up with some chainsaw and dragging dead trees off of them. The drought killed many trees here. Including the big oak where Brad had his MSF class.

Yeah, I figure that area by the now dead oak, will be a great viewing location.

So the outhouse is painted and I am building a door. Decided against just hanging a shower curtain. Goat might join ya in there or they eat the shower curtain. Spent the weekend working on roads and making some half *** level areas. And yes there are trees for hammocks.

I'm used to never peeing alone, I have dogs. That aside, do I need to worry about the goats trying to eat my hammock? 🤣

😲

That has been discussed by every county in its path and is on agenda for our county so they can get additional emergency resources. TIMFAS is supposed to be sending crews to our county. TIMfAS is theTexas Intrastate mutual aid agency. I know they heavily committed in the Panhandle right now and that is why my team was held back. I am deputy chief of my fire dept.

So, what do you think the traffic will be like getting through Gatesville on Monday morning? Debating about coming up with bro in law then.

I think most people will be in place where they want by then. I know Tx DPS is closing I35 in Hillsboro during the Eclipse

Any work going on this weekend? I may try to get up there if there is.

Assuming all other things in life align for me to attend, I'll be coming up earlier than that Monday, but still taking back roads from Houston.

Got almost a 1” of rain yesterday. That should help grass. I know some folks have concerns about the crowding on the roads. There are no campgrounds or other grounds for the eclipse event on my roads. I just do not believe the amount of people the media is predicting. Media hype in my mind. My gate on 266 is off the beaten path.

I just do not believe the amount of people the media is predicting. Media hype in my mind.

I remember having to be in Kearney NE for the last total to do a show, which was cool to get paid and be in the totality. We were coming from CO Springs to there day before, and it took the venue until then to get us rooms that a Microtel was hoarding hoping for big payoffs. We were so concerned about the reports of interstate overflowing and gas shortages, we got and carried three 5gal. cans from CO. So what happened?

We never saw stopped traffic, never saw a gas line, Microtel had vacancies, and never had any problems with anything. Media hype indeed.

But the total eclipse was pretty nifty!!

The places that advertise viewing on social media will probably be over run with tourons and anyplace in town that they can park , put a sign on your gate , if your not on two wheels this is the wrong place .

So the outhouse is painted and I am building a door. Decided against just hanging a shower curtain. Goat might join ya in there or they eat the shower curtain. Spent the weekend working on roads and making some half *** level areas. And yes there are trees for hammocks
How bout a picture? I was gonna check in on progress. Unfortunately my hands were shot after the first couple days of construction...

1711016444221.jpeg

All that you touch
And all that you see
All that you taste
All you feel
And all that you love
And all that you hate
All you distrust
All you save
And all that you give
And all that you deal
And all that you buy
Beg, borrow or steal
And all you create
And all you destroy
And all that you do
And all that you say
And all that you eat
And everyone you meet (everyone you meet)
And all that you slight
And everyone you fight
And all that is now
And all that is gone
And all that's to come
And everything under the sun is in tune
But the sun is eclipsed by the moon
=============================

Yeah....so its only 2:13 long.....

Play it twice if that matters

(There is no dark side of the moon really......as a matter of fact..its all dark)

Back