• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Photo Assignment #07: Hey, Compose Yourself!

Reaction score
First Name
Brotha
Last Name
J
:trust: This should be fun!

Yep, as the title implies, this contest puts you both behind and in front of the lens. :clap:

All rules apply to include use of this thread for posting shots previously taken, or current shots asking questions, or just talking about the assignment. We'll open up a different post before the contest assignment ends for you to post your actual submission entry. Your submission entry can be something new or one you posted here, but the picture HAS to be taken between now and Monday June 15th midnight. A winner will be chosen sometime after midnight Monday and announced at that time. The winner will then post the next two week assignment topic and so forth.

One twist to this assignment.... WE MUST BE ABLE TO TELL IT'S YOU TAKING THE PICTURE.

Since I can't win this time I'll be happy to provide the first example:

DSC_7114.jpg

Have fun and be creative!

Last edited by a moderator:
So here are a couple of ineligible shots. I know I should clean the road grime off the mirror if I use a setup like this. One question I have.... Is it clear enough that it is me, or should I be showing more face, or more leg, or whatever?

I like elements of each, the better subject presentation of the close up, and the better focus in the spot mirror on the farther shot.

DSC01077.jpg

DSC01079.jpg

As long as we can tell it's you.

From that pic we can tell it's you. Now if you had your visor down (and it was tinted) then we couldn't tell it's you.

And um, PM me if you've got some pics that show a little more leg. :trust:

Just out of curiosity.........if you've never met me, how ya gonna know it's actually a picture of me taking a picture of me. :trust:

here's a few of my "standard pose" (what do you expect from a poser :lol2:) all these are ineligible.
Hopefully I'll be able to get out and participate in this one

521612288_jC3fx-L.jpg

521614634_HfkPM-L.jpg

521610358_ZmYtQ-L.jpg

552475326_hbXFs-L.jpg

552474862_7Cwwd-XL.jpg

Poser.....
You've got yourself in front of the camera on those, but not behind it as well. That's going to be the tricky part. Think "reflection" of some type to pull this off.

Poser.....
You've got yourself in front of the camera on those, but not behind it as well. That's going to be the tricky part. Think "reflection" of some type to pull this off.

What he said:

JamynDaddysReflection4.jpg

well most of my hand was behind the camera, so technically I was both :mrgreen:

The more I think about this assignment the more my head hurts.

I believe if you think "take a reflection picture of myself", that puts you both in front and behind the camera in the same shot. Taking that approach, that means the camera has to be seen in the picture as well for the effect. That's the only way you can get behind and in front in the same shot, right?

And Ed29, I really like your first one. Its powerful and screams 'adventure'.

I believe if you think "take a reflection picture of myself", that puts you both in front and behind the camera in the same shot. Taking that approach, that means the camera has to be seen in the picture as well for the effect. That's the only way you can get behind and in front in the same shot, right?

And Ed29, I really like your first one. Its powerful and screams 'adventure'.

I think it should be more up to interpretation of the photog, so we don't put every one in a "box" trying to do what will pretty much be the exact same shot.

I have a few ideas, but they don't "fit" just right.

this doesn't count its a few years old

what happened to the post, too many rules!!!

Attachments

• 840A0038.jpg
    840A0038.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 219
this doesn't count its a few years old

what happened to the post, too many rules!!!

Ouch! Was that a tree that jumped out on a trail?

I don't think this assignment has too many rules. The difficulty factor is a bit more technical as there are only really two criteria from what I gather to include:

1)this contest puts you both behind and in front of the lens.
2)WE MUST BE ABLE TO TELL IT'S YOU TAKING THE PICTURE.

These are what makes it more difficult than the previous assignments. The purpose is to challenge us into making a great shot. Great, but not impossible!

I was going to take a pass on this one but have resolved to give it a go. I have a pretty good idea of what I'm going to work on.

It'll involve aluminum foil, a new nickle, 3 pieces of yarn and a plastic shopping bag (affectionately known as a "bag bird" around our house for their ability to fly and roost in trees). :thumb:

I took this photo

"we" can tell its me :mrgreen:

Attachments

• IM002481.JPG
    IM002481.JPG
    21.2 KB · Views: 217

Djoo god'id maine!

The creative part comes about in how your self is reflected. THIS contest is a test of the mind, not the camera. That way everyone can play, from fancy cameras to p&s. :rider:

Back