• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Photo Assignment #07: Hey, Compose Yourself!

This is my first post to TWT. The shot in the glasses is my buddy, daughter and me (with the camera of course!). The second was shot in a mirror at an art fair in Georgia. I call it my Wilson shot (after Wilson in Home improvement).

I know these are ineligible but were fun to take. I will get a new one from TMS this week-end.

Its fun to see how we see ourselfs with the camers

Attachments

• wilson self portrait.jpg
    wilson self portrait.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 220
  • Tony_glasses.jpg
    Tony_glasses.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 223
Good shots! Wilson W. Wilson Jr. was one of my favorite characters in that series. I wonder what the W middle initial stood for. :lol2:

OK,
these pictures should fit the criteria for a proper entry. My daughter and I went out to the Texas Motor Speedway last night for the Truck Races. We had fun taking our own picture for this assignment. The first is in the transmission cover of a Harley that was on display (so I got the 2 wheels in). It was elevated so I didn't have to crouch down. The second was taken with my Canon D50 with my 18-200mm lens. I don't think this setup was designed for taking self portraits. It is a really good thing my arms are so long!

Thanks for the assignment and thank you Soozy for turning me on to the contest. I hope you have a great summer and post lots of pics on your on your safe and fun 'Great Adventure'.

Larry

Last edited:
I got impatient and the pics didn't download - here they are (I hope).

Attachments

• twt-1.jpg
    twt-1.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 235
  • twt-2.jpg
    twt-2.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 212
Larry-
Welcome to the site.....

As for the assignment, another thread will open up within a few days of assignment close for you to post your actual entry. Just cruise through the previous "Entry" threads in the photo contest section to see how it works.

Also, I'm not sure this assignment requires a motorcycle or parts in it. BrothaJ didn't mention anything about that so it's not required.

Great pic by the way!

Thanks for the assignment and thank you Soozy for turning me on to the contest. I hope you have a great summer and post lots of pics on your on your safe and fun 'Great Adventure'.

Larry

No problem...I love pointing people toward things they will enjoy!

Here's a couple attempts that have met with less than stellar results....

Not a great reflective surface to work with:
Colibrys.jpg

I saw the window frame as helping frame the topic on this one:
SanMarcos.jpg

Hmm.... what's reflective in the house but dang it - the camera is behind me:
soup_a.jpg

Oh well, off to keep trying....

ETA:
Man this is tough! I'm torn between two approaches.

Last edited:
I like this last one Scott. Has some kind of desert theme going or something. <hj -sorry to have missed you the other night - uhj>

Another proof of concept.... Thoughts?

Shadow.jpg

Great silhoette! Does not qualify for the contest, but great shot.

Makes you look heroic. Like Will Smith rescuing Vivica Fox at the military base in Independance Day.

Back