• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

TORCS 2024

Reaction score
Was watching some videos of the Goertz race and it looked like a great course and good turnout. Also saw one with some serious course cutting in a C class which really shouldn't happen. Maybe the fella hit a rock and it knocked him off line. :ponder:

Had 32 racers on the 35+ row... most ever.. start was sketchy as ****.. riders were way off line trying to make passes the first lap. I rode conservative not wanting to get wadded up with anyone.. course was the best torcs course I've ridden in years.. flow was awesome, little bit of everything from hero dirt, mud, hard packed to sand. they needed to trim the face slappers and overhangs a little more as i got pretty beat up from tagging overheads and slappers..

Had 32 racers on the 35+ row... most ever.. start was sketchy as ****.. riders were way off line trying to make passes the first lap. I rode conservative not wanting to get wadded up with anyone.. course was the best torcs course I've ridden in years.. flow was awesome, little bit of everything from hero dirt, mud, hard packed to sand. they needed to trim the face slappers and overhangs a little more as i got pretty beat up from tagging overheads and slappers..
Yep, looked very well laid out. I started riding Goertz long long ago and in recent years I wondered why so much great trail wasn't being used. Several in my area quit TORCS because of the too short courses provided, just not worth the 4-5 hour drive. Hopefully things are improving.

did you see this?? for those who haven't ridden at Geortz ranch.. here an opportunity to go out and ride the trails..
420031518_18406875034054703_6208284074221692642_n.jpg

36 lined up in 250c and a big crash within the first 3 turns, ditto several other classes. Definite madness for the first 3/4 lap, but I had a blast regardless. Can’t think of a course I’ve enjoyed more.

Ott was a bust for us yesterday. My boy and I spent the morning watching the kids race and salivating over the dirt and course. Sometime between 10:30 and 11:00, the sky opened up something fierce. We got maybe 1/3 of the way through our first practice lap and realized today was not our day. The bottomless mud, ruts, fogged goggles, and prematurely exposed roots meant I was going nowhere fast. Kiddo had a pinball crash into a few trees and lost his nerve. We packed it up and bailed.

Hope all those who stuck it out had a good time. Big thanks to the crew for making it happen.

Great googely moogely. Hope Superman was okay. Looks like he was headed face first into the next log.

Great googely moogely. Hope Superman was okay. Looks like he was headed face first into the next log.
Yes, I watched the video before posting this. He popped right up and got his bike. amazing.

That is scary. I was wondering what hospital he was in and thinking something serious. I would have gone around those logs without hesitation.

·

While OTT FARM shares proximity with Ott Ranch, the upcoming event promises an entirely fresh and distinct experience. It’s a chance to race on trails that we haven’t explored in 17 years—a hidden gem waiting to be rediscovered. We honestly never thought we would be able to race this piece of property again so when Lee Roy offered but said it had to be before March we juggled the schedule to make it work. Thanks to SPOAKS for being so flexible and understanding of how hard it is to get race properties. Buckle up, fellow racers—this is where memories are etched, and legends are born

.....NOTICE.....

It’s truly been a challenging week for race promoters in Texas. Our hearts go out to Curtis and Angie of TORN, who made the incredibly difficult decision to stop promoting races.
As for our own journey, we’ve encountered obstacles too. The news that our race insurance carrier will no longer cover racing events hit hard. But adversity breeds innovation, and we’ve secured a new carrier despite the steep fees. Change is inevitable, and sometimes it pushes us to adapt in unexpected ways.
Starting this year, after 19 years of consistency, we’ll be raising our gate fee to $15. It’s a necessary step to keep our events running. And while we bid farewell to the tradition of free entry for those over 60, we remain committed to providing an exciting and memorable experience for all.
Thank you for your unwavering support. Together, we’ll navigate these twists and turns, fueled by our shared passion for racing.

Love to know more about the property if anyone remembers. I assume terrain is same as Ott?

.....NOTICE.....

It’s truly been a challenging week for race promoters in Texas. Our hearts go out to Curtis and Angie of TORN, who made the incredibly difficult decision to stop promoting races.
As for our own journey, we’ve encountered obstacles too. The news that our race insurance carrier will no longer cover racing events hit hard. But adversity breeds innovation, and we’ve secured a new carrier despite the steep fees. Change is inevitable, and sometimes it pushes us to adapt in unexpected ways.
Starting this year, after 19 years of consistency, we’ll be raising our gate fee to $15. It’s a necessary step to keep our events running. And while we bid farewell to the tradition of free entry for those over 60, we remain committed to providing an exciting and memorable experience for all.
Thank you for your unwavering support. Together, we’ll navigate these twists and turns, fueled by our shared passion for racing.
Still a bargain IMO!

@portero72

How'd it go Saturday?
Shell’s bells we had fun. It’s funny how something so physically demanding and punishing can be such a good time.

My daughter did her second race in 65C and finished (a win in and of itself). Plus, she had a lot of fun!!! Ott Farm turns out to be just as, if not more, sandy than Ott Ranch. Suffice to say, the course presented several challenges for the less experienced kids, and she conquered them all. Couldn’t be more proud.

Kiddo and I lined up in 250FC and had a grand old time. There was a MAJOR bottleneck on the first lap on a short but steep climb out of a ravine. Literally the entire first group was waiting on stalled or crashed riders. The sweeps earned their money on that one spot. It was mostly clear for the rest of the race.

The grass track quickly turned into a zero visibility bottomless sand track and gave me huge problems, but that’s just my lack of skill in that particular area. That’s where I burned most of my energy. Also had a big off when another rider on a sweet new 300xc-w tried passing me in a fast section that was narrowing down; we banged bars and both took dirt naps. He felt bad about it and apologized profusely, but there were no hard feelings. Even met up at the end and had a good chuckle.

Kiddo finished his first race on the 125 without any mechanical issues! Maybe I’ve got that thing mostly sorted. He overcame a 3 kick start to come zinging past most of the group after about the second turn and never looked back. He had a few drops, including one that trapped his foot under the bike and twisted up his ankle, but overall had a great race and finished far in front of me. Once I rework his suspension he’s gonna be unstoppable.

Good times! Hope everyone else had a quarter of the fun we had.

Heard this was from Otts.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1710170998299.jpg
    FB_IMG_1710170998299.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 30
Haven’t even check my filter yet, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it looked the same.

Back