• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Weekly Joe Fink Memorial BBQ lunch

I briefly thought about driving over in the truck, but then my phone rang... :suicide:

Just searching the web I happened upon the no website, no FB page, limited descript building of Martins. Often those are the best places to eat.
I'm not even certain they are open to serve Q. :huh2:
There was a review written about it a month ago, so I guess they are still open.

Looking at the pics on google, I would swear this is the BBQ place my dad would bring me to when I was 10-12 when he would let me skip school and go to work with him when he had business in College Station back in the early to mid 80's.

I would actually like to eat there, but as I said, not available tomorrow.

I am free next 3 Thursdays, and off Friday the 30th.

Six different places I need to be tomorrow and two stop are within a few blocks of each other , in Conroe after 4 in Houston , pretty sure I can’t make it and I’m ready for some BBQ that I don’t have to cook .

Sure miss these ride to eat!

616C5205-E8F7-4F62-A081-248BE9D5F2B9.jpeg

Sure miss these ride to eat!

View attachment 343721
I think that place shut down some time ago, maybe after that Smiley's station opened down the street. It has a grill inside and I don't think the Pit Stop could compete. They had a good Grilled Cheese sandwich there! There used to be a pizza place on the South side of town that was pretty good as well, but it didn't last long. Now I just ride on through to get to Iola for BBQ at Mallet Bros. I just can't make it on Fridays because of work. So I usually shoot for Saturday or Sunday if I can get out there before 2:00pm when they close. I do miss the gatherings though.

Pit Stop unless it closed for good into the neighborhood across from old location. Mallet is best!

I think that place shut down some time ago, maybe after that Smiley's station opened down the street. It has a grill inside and I don't think the Pit Stop could compete. They had a good Grilled Cheese sandwich there! There used to be a pizza place on the South side of town that was pretty good as well, but it didn't last long. Now I just ride on through to get to Iola for BBQ at Mallet Bros. I just can't make it on Fridays because of work. So I usually shoot for Saturday or Sunday if I can get out there before 2:00pm when they close. I do miss the gatherings though.
Screen Shot 2023-03-19 at 6.07.02 AM.png

Stay in the general north of Houston, east of Bryan, 1/2 way to Dallas piney woods area.
Nacogdoches is in bounds, right? :cool2:

On Thursday the 13th at @12:30P, I plan to try Be Blessed BBQ cuz the big guy on Texas Bucket List says it's good. What have I got to lose? 😱 They're next to Atwoods hardware on the north side of town. I'm near enough to Riverside in Walker county if anyone wants to ride up.

The brisket has a great bark and flavor, but Jeremiah wanted to make a signature sandwich. That’s when a friend recommended that he make a brisket sandwich with peanut butter and jelly. Jeremiah wasn’t sold on this idea, but one night, he decided to go ahead and taste the forbidden fruit, and it was like being born again. He put it on the menu the very next day!

Last edited:
I won't be there as I have to work, I was just asking because I know other folks will want to know ;-)

Was hoping to meet / ride with you & the next gen duo but OK, if you think there are more important things than riding and Q . . . :-P

12:30P, updated #2618 too.

Our riding is limited to Saturdays and Sundays, if I don't have to work... ;-)

Back