• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

What Happened in Pee Paw's Scooter Shop Today?

Mr. Super Duke is reassembled, awaiting a spank fest in the morning. Life is good, even though it gets warm pretty quickly. Looking forward to tearing around on her in the morning. Might even get to eat lunch with some old people. Woo Hoo!

IMG_0676.JPG

Well my grandson Jake has been here since Monday I think and we have had some fun. Riding the mini-bike was fun for a couple to three days, but it is hot and he is 7 so we moved on. Donna took him to the Kimball Art Museum, cause he loves it. Today we had a pretty good time painting rocks. He told me to paint a "KTM" rock, so I did, I like his ladybug, very slick. We had fun, loves me some Jake time. His sister wants some one on one with Pee Paw and Yia-Yia too.

67754661990__5FA0C6A8-C334-4E81-A051-F65DB62A6C08.JPG

IMG_0695.JPG

IMG_0700.JPG

67769030251__B8AE033A-D723-4A5E-A274-5BEF477D4CC8.JPG

IMG_0706.JPG

KTM GURU,
Let me start by saying I'm back from my Self Imposed TWT Exile...
That being said...
I would be extremely interested in a "390 Adventure Rock"...😎
Option list;
Polished river rock
KTM black rock
Orange lettering
390 Adventure script in White
Carry On Pedro

KTM GURU,
Let me start by saying I'm back from my Self Imposed TWT Exile...
That being said...
I would be extremely interested in a "390 Adventure Rock"...😎
Option list;
Polished river rock
KTM black rock
Orange lettering
390 Adventure script in White
Carry On Pedro
I guess I could take a stab at it sir. Black Rock sounds a little ominous...LOL

Dad bought them from the original owner who used them while RV'ing back in the day. They had been sitting in her warehouse when he took them home. He got them running, probably in 2012 when the photo is dated.

I've tried researching them a few times over the years and found only one article that mentions them.

Last edited:
They remind me of the super popular mid 1970’s 103 Peugeot scooters I used go see everywhere in Italy.

4EE0ED50-437A-4002-ACC5-F96C77035439.jpeg

Doug,

Being a KTM aficionado, have you ever seen KTM mopeds? These are a pair of 1974 DeLuxe models owned by my dad. These are the only ones I've seen in person.

-Jeff
View attachment 324136

No, but they are very cool

How fortuitous...
1656439472304.png

I saw that the other day and I was thinking "hmm, only $250. hmm, no title." And I love the end of the post "Will not respond to calls or emails". So, semaphore? Smoke signals? Vulcan mind meld? What are we talking about here, chief?

Superduke R Evo went on the Slacker Ride yesterday, she is pretty peppy these days and very happy to go bang off of the rev limiter as required. Apparently when Mary goes, she runs a pace that everyone is comfortable with and, of course, I had to adjust from time to time to make sure all the fellas were still back there. There is a reason that you don't let the stupid ones lead folks. She just hums along. Not much else in the way of modifications planned, but, I will just ride the thing until I need to do maintenance. Getting about 38 mpg, probably going to give her a spin this morning or may cruise the Super Adventure as she just got back from visiting my daughter. She (my daughter, motorcycles don't talk.....a lot) said she will miss it, but she is glad to have her 990 Super Duke back home.

IMG_0713.JPG

So it looks like the KTM moped is basically a Sachs Moped rebadged as a KTM. Very similar to the Hercules? Not much information, but if it was orange and had a KTM motor, it would be sweeter. A blue KTM is hard for me to love.

Back