• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

What Other Countries Have You Ridden In?

Uganda, (kinda) it was not much of a ride just putting around. I hope to do something more this fall when we go to see the family over there.

mlinkibikr

Forum Supporter
England, Scotland, Wales, France, Spain, Germany, Liechtenstein, Austria, Italy, Switzerland, Indonesia.

Miles to go before I sleep...

jfink

Forum Supporter
Chile, Argentina, Bolivia, Paraguay, Uruguay, Brazil, French Gyana, Suriname, Guiana, Venezuela, Peru, Ecuador, Colombia, Panama, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Honduras, El Salvador, Guatamala, Belize, Mexico, Canada, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Slovakia, Czech Republic, France, Ireland, Scotland, Isle of Man, England, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg ... but whose counting?

More to come in a few months.

jfink

Forum Supporter
Different ones for different reasons. Colombia for the people. Luxembourg and Germany for the roads. The good ole USA for the beer. Scotland and Bolivia for the scenery. There are probably more if I thought about it.

Wasn't planning to post but need to include another continent into this thread.

Canada, Mexico, Philippines, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Triumphter

Forum Supporter
I just realized I have never rode in another country.

Riding the Ring Road of Iceland is a bucket list item for me. I have a place in Israel and would like to ride there but never have.

Sicily while we were there for a detachment. A buddy and I rented bikes for a day and rode up to Mt Etna.

191059_10200128482840948_326212279_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

620781_10200128467320560_854360248_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

474545_10200128495361261_1859476906_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

Mexico, Scotland, Germany, Austria, Slovenia, Italy, Switzerland, Hungary, Slovakia, Poland, Czech Republic, Ecuador. In June we're going to the Pyrenees for 10 days of riding. Spain, Andorra and France. I will then be officially broke!

copb8

Forum Supporter
Mexico, Scotland, Germany, Austria, Slovenia, Italy, Switzerland, Hungary, Slovakia, Poland, Czech Republic, Ecuador. In June we're going to the Pyrenees for 10 days of riding. Spain, Andorra and France. I will then be officially broke!
We may be planning a trip to Spain and the Pyrennes for September of this year. I'd love to hear about your itinerary, motorcycle rental shops, etc.

Monica

Forum Supporter
Next visit to Italy, I want to add Italy...
Italy would be gorgeous but I would only ride outside of the big cities. When I visited Rome and Florence the drivers were wild. But I thought the same of big cities in Japan too. My hesitation is unfamiliarity with the complicated multilane scenarios, and a different signals and signs system.

I did the majority of my Japan riding up in the north in the mountains and smal cities.

We may be planning a trip to Spain and the Pyrenees for September of this year. I'd love to hear about your itinerary, motorcycle rental shops, etc.
My wife and I decided on this one. You'll find all info here.
Since this isn't that other board that's centered around adventure, maybe I won't get slammed here for taking a guided tour. There are pluses and minuses to guided tours of course just like everything else but we like being pampered sometimes and they are pretty good at doing that.

Limiting factors for us this time are due to my wife's health and that she struggles to climb up on the back of the bike now so we don't ride together anymore. I assumed trips like this were just in the rear view mirror for us. Recently my wife found a new tour brochure from the last company we used back in 2012 and looked through it. To my surprise, she said she was interested in something like this again as long as the tour had a chase vehicle she could ride in. We saw another couple do this back in 2012 and it worked for them. So heck yeah honey!

I hadn't used IMTBIKE before but they get good reviews and look like their accommodations are better than most (= happy wife). If she was still able to get on the bike, I'd seriously look at a self guided tour and save 20% but its nice to have local guides along that speak the language. The only Spanish I am fluent in is how to arrest someone or order a beer and I haven't figured out how to do both at the same time. :haha:

I believe they also rent just bikes.

Last edited:

Yeeha! Stephen

Forum Supporter
Really, I've been to Canada and Mexico. If scooters count... Japan, Korea, Thailand, & Taiwan

Jealous of you guys with the bigger lists.

I could start some more turmoil.... I've never ridden in California!

My bucket list has a bunch of chits from right here in the good ole USA!

...But when it comes to riding great roads... oh my! If I had the time and money I'd be over there once a month riding various areas.
+1
Most just don't have a clue of the scope and diversity of riding there. And the weather seldom objects. From Texas it is a long haul but only 1/2 day farther than CO or UT.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Really, I've been to Canada and Mexico. If scooters count... Japan, Korea, Thailand, & Taiwan

Jealous of you guys with the bigger lists.

I could start some more turmoil.... I've never ridden in California!

My bucket list has a bunch of chits from right here in the good ole USA!
If you do the dual sport thing the sheer amount of free public access land to ride on out there will blow your mind. Makes the endless miles of fenced road here in Texas seem like a prision.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I’ve never even ridden in another state, much less another country.

Well, I suppose that’s not technically true. I’ve ridden dirt at Lake Murray in Oklahoma a few times. That short trip across the Red is as far as motorcycles have taken me.