• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!
  • The Vendor forum is for users that wish to offer their services or products to the TWT Community. Creation of a new thread is limited to users that are members of the TWT Vendor usergroup. Contact Tourmeister to join this usergroup. Vendors may create ONE thread to promote their business. They will still be able to edit and reply to their thread, and reply to anyone else's, but they are limited to one thread. Regular users can reply to any existing thread. Vendors should strive to keep all of their business related posting in this thread.

MSF Dirt Bike Class

I Have just added a Oct 8th class....on a Wednesday ????? If that helps.

class size can be as high as 8, and I have done that before, but I like 4 or 5 best. With 8 I like to have an extra set of eyes ( a helper).

I could probably do either day. I want to take this class on my ktm but I need to do some wrenching first and fix what I think may be a broken intermediate gear.:doh: If I don't get it done in time I could bring my klr but that would be less fun.

Hey guys, this is Kevin.

Took Brads class with a friend before leaving for Colorado. Class was awesome. He's clear with instructions and encouragingly applauds your spills. Makes you feel good about supermanning over the handlebars. Class likely kept me and my friend alive on some of those mountain passes.

Unfortunately my buddy Mark's piece of **** husky joined forces with his lack of experience to result in a concussion, a shattered patella, and a few broken toes near the top of California Pass. My retrieval ride down to Silverton on said husky was terrifying. Where it was easy on my 500, that miniature husky liked to turn off the engine rather than idle during clutch in and throttle closed. I couldn't believe my buddy had made it as many days as he did.

Regardless, class was insanely cool. I'll be taking it again with some more friends in the next couple of months. Just give him a call. His contact info is all over this thread and on the front of his Facebook page. Super cool easy to talk to guy.

Thanks man for the excellent instruction!

Sorry to hear about Mark's unscheduled, painful, dismount. We talked about the Husky in class, one of the reasons I keep a few bikes on hand....so you can get the right bike..or at least closer to the right bike after you kind of have an idea of what you need. Mark is a TALL guy and the bike was stock???? Kevins' 500 EXC KTM was set up just fine. Mark wanted to do the course on his bike...which is the correct way to do it.

I hope all turns out OK. I have the 525 back on the road....what a fun bike, set up for a guy 6' 4" tall....talk Mark into doing a re-ride with me on the 525!!!!

Brad has Conditionally scheduled a class for my place outside of Gatesville for the Saturday November 22. I will open my place up for camping on the 21st. You can also have a chance to see the Ghost Challenge course:chug: We need at least 6 riders for the class and can have up to 8.

Wow this sounds fun. Something I probably need to do. :)

I wasn't sure where to list this new thread. I can see it can be a vendor, but I also offered it as an up-coming ride. I put it on TWT because some people at Uncles expressed interest. I only schedule classes when I have students. Interested parties should look on Facebook or call me, I will not post up-coming classes here.

Face book addy? or vendor link?:rider:

I wasn't sure where to list this new thread. I can see it can be a vendor, but I also offered it as an up-coming ride. I put it on TWT because some people at Uncles expressed interest. I only schedule classes when I have students. Interested parties should look on Facebook or call me, I will not post up-coming classes here.
Howdy Brad. I had a class a while back with you my little tw200. Wondering when you're hosting another class as I've got a new steed and looking to get some practice in. As you said we're always welcome figured I'd give a shout. Let me know.

Last edited:
Never ridden a dirt bike ever. I need to take this class to learn more control.

Brad, thanks again for your patience and persistence with us at The Possum Trot clinic. I feel much more confident in the mud and loose stuff now. Actually, I had no confidence before. Even though it may be like trying to pull teeth to push riders like me to get better, you did it.

Brad teaches dirt riding that works.

I guess its better late than never. Took Brads class this winter and even though I was the only one that could make it and it was going to be really windy and cold he put the class on. I had a great time and learned a lot. He is a very good teacher and I hope all Two wheeled Texans who haven't had a chance to take a dirt bike course will take his. Also riding with him at Hidden Falls was excellent and even free camping near by. Very highly recommended .

Hey Brad -
With Debbie's broken leg are you still doing the October class?

Back